Basic HTML Assignment
(revised 1/24/20, based on a Judy Miller assignment)
You may use either Dreamweaver or a coding text editor such as Atom, Brackets, Notepad, Notepad++, or Sublime for this assignment. This is a straight up HTML assignment. No CSS.
General requirements for assignment
- Create a directory named hw2
- Inside the hw2 directory, create a one page website. Name the file me.html.
- The page must be valid HTML5. Use the validator to check the code.
- The page must contain the following:
- a level one heading that tells us your full name
- one paragraph that tells us a little about yourself
- a level two heading that says My Classes
- an unordered list listing the classes you are taking this semester
- a level two heading that says My Work
- one paragraph that tells us about your current job. If not currently working, about some previous job. If you have never worked, about your dream job.
- There is no minimum length for the paragraphs in your web page.
- After you have created and validated your me.html file, upload the hw2 directory, which contains the me.html file to MyDrive.
- Submit in Canvas
- The URL of hw2 on myDrive - the URL should be http://mydrive.nvcc.edu/username/public/hw2 (where the word username is the student’s MyNOVA username). The URL must contain the student's myNOVA username; any other URL will not enable others (including the instructor) to see your website.. You can obtain the URL by clicking "My Web Root" at the left in myDrive. If you have or anticipate having work for other courses on your mydrive account, you may wish to put all your work for this course into a folder, e.g.. ite170, in which case your URL would be http://mydrive.nvcc.edu/username/public/ite170/hw2.
- The me.html file
- If you have problems with myDrive, do the attachment of the file in any case for partial credit.