Basic CSS Assignment (revised 2/4/2020)
You may use either Dreamweaver or a text editor such as Brackets, Notepad, Notepad++, Atom, or Sublime for this assignment.
General requirements for assignment:
- Make a new folder called hw3. Copy your me.html file you did for the previous assignment into the hw3 folder.
- Fix any problems identified in the grading of hw2.
- Using either Dreamweaver or a text editor, create a file named me.css and save it into the hw3 folder.
- In the me.css file, specify CSS properties and values for four tags - body, h1, h2, p
- In your css file, use at least two CSS properties at some point - background-color, color, font-family, font-size, and text-align are among the most common, but you can use any CSS property.
- In the me.css file, add a class named favorite.
- do not forget to put the dot in front of the class name in the CSS stylesheet: .favorite
- style the favorite class so it looks nice
- in the html file, apply the favorite class to the course number or name of one of your NVCC classes in the HTML file. (Apply the class just to the course number or name of the NVCC class.)
- in the html file, apply the favorite class to the paragraph talking about your job. (Apply the class to the p tag for that paragraph.)
- In the me.html file, add a link to the me.css stylesheet; the link tag belongs in the <head> section of the document
- Open the html file in your browser to make sure the styling shows up
- If there are any problems, or you aren't sure, validate the css file using the CSS validator at https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
- When you are finished, upload the hw3 directory (containing both me.html and me.css) to MyDrive)
- After you upload the hw3 directory, use your browser to access this directory on your myDrive. Again check the html file to make sure the styling shows up.
- Go up one level to the folder and copy the URL which ends in the folder name.
Submission in Canvas
- The URL of the hw3 folder in myDrive - Paste (do not type!) the URL from the previous step into Canvas. The URL must contain your myNova username. Why? A URL such as like https://mydrive.nvcc.edu/file/d/hw3/ cannot work; the point of a URL is that anyone can click on it and it will work, but https://mydrive.nvcc.edu/file/d/hw3/ contains nothing that pertains to one student as opposed to another student and therefore cannot go to the right student's files.
- Attach a zipped up copy of the hw3 directory - I will use this as a backup in case your URL doesn't work