Basic CSS Assignment (revised 1/25/2021)
Use a text editor such as Brackets, Notepad, Notepad++, Atom, Sublime, or Visual Studio Code for this assignment.
General requirements for assignment:
- Make a new folder called hw2. Copy your me.html file you did for the previous assignment into the hw2 folder.
- Fix any problems identified in the grading of hw1.
- Using a text editor, create a file named me.css and save it into the hw2 folder.
- In the me.css file, specify CSS properties and values for four tags - body, h1, h2, p
- In your css file, use at least two CSS properties at some point - background-color, color, font-family, font-size, and text-align are among the most common, but you can use any CSS property.
- In the me.css file, add a class named favorite.
- do not forget to put the dot in front of the class name in the CSS stylesheet: .favorite
- style the favorite class so it looks nice
- in the html file, apply the favorite class to the course number or name of one of your NVCC classes in the HTML file. (Apply the class just to the course number or name of the NVCC class.)
- in the html file, apply the favorite class to the paragraph talking about your job. (Apply the class to the p tag for that paragraph.)
- In the me.html file, add a link to the me.css stylesheet; the link tag belongs in the <head> section of the document
- Open the html file in your browser to make sure the styling shows up
- If there are any problems, or you aren't sure, validate the css file using the CSS validator at https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
- When you are finished, upload the hw2 directory (containing both me.html and me.css) to your web space
- After you upload the hw2 directory, use your browser to access this directory on your web space. Again check the html file to make sure the styling shows up.
- Go up one level to the folder and copy the URL which ends in the folder name.
Submission in Canvas
- The URL of the hw2 folder in your web space - Paste (do not type!) the URL from the previous step into Canvas.
- Attach a zipped up copy of the hw2 directory - I will use this as a backup in case your URL doesn't work