Basic HTML Assignment
(revised 9/10/21, based on a Judy Miller assignment)
Use a text editor such as Atom, Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime, or Visual Studio Code for this assignment. This is a straight up HTML assignment. No CSS.
General requirements for assignment
- Create a directory named hw1
- Inside the hw1 directory, create a one page website. Name the file me.html.
- The page must be valid HTML5. Use the validator to check the code.
- The page must contain the following:
- a level one heading that tells us your full name
- one paragraph that tells us a little about yourself
- a level two heading that says My Classes
- an unordered list listing the classes you are taking this semester
- a level two heading that says My Work
- one paragraph that tells us about your current job. If not currently working, about some previous job. If you have never worked, about your dream job.
- There is no minimum length for the paragraphs in your web page.
- After you have created and validated your me.html file, upload the hw1 directory, which contains the me.html file to your web space
- Submit in Canvas
- The URL of hw1 - the URL should be http://mydrive.nvcc.edu/username/public/hw1 (where the word username is the student’s MyNOVA username, the thing before the @ sign in the email address).
- The me.html file
- Attach the file in case there are problems with the URL you submitted or you had difficulty in FTP.
- After you upload the file, you should be able to access your submission by clicking the URL next to your name on the students page at https://billpegram.com/ite170/fall21/students.html If I have listed your URL incorrectly on that page, email me and I will correct it.